In order to attract many qualified doctors Nova Scotia immigration has launched a new recruitment drive specific to the U.K. Representatives belonging to the Nova Scotia Immigration Office and also the Nova Scotia Health Authority plus the College of Physicians and Surgeons will attend the Fair of British Medical Journal Careers scheduled on Oct 4th and 5th . This is the third time that the provincial government of Nova Scotia is attending the event. Canada immigration marches ahead
It follows the Nova Scotia Nominee Program when it recently launched the provincial stream to recruit physicians specifically.
The new stream for Labor Market Priorities for Physicians allows the province in selecting qualified doctors from the federal Express Entry.
The stream has two National Occupational Classifications on the target:
- NOC 3112 catering to Family Physicians and
- NOC 3111 catering to Specialist Physicians
Candidates also need to possess the approved Job Offer issued by Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre for receiving the Letter of Interest issued by the NSNP.
The new stream harmonizes the existing Physicians stream, and also has no link with the Express Entry.
Requirements for Physicians
- Having the approved job offer issued by Nova Scotia Health Authority/IWK Health Centre as Family Physician under the NOC 3112 or as a Specialist Physician under the NOC 3111.
- Commitment for living and working in Nova Scotia for two years
- Receiving the Letter of Interest issued by NSNP using the Express Entry
- Submitting the application in 30 days after the issuing date of LOI,
- Meeting the requirements of work experience in the program linked to Express Entry for which they qualify.
- Possessing sufficient funds for establishing self and family in Nova Scotia
- Possessing a legal status in the present country of residence
Requirements: Nova Scotia Physicians Stream
Legal Status in Country of Residence
- For the candidates living in Canada, they have to provide proof of legal status as temporary workers or visitors.
- For the candidates applying from outside Canada, they have to provide proof of legal status in their country of residence.
- In case of losing status, they are ineligible to apply until it is restored.
Importance of the Job Offer
- Approval in Writing with the Nova Scotia Health Authority or the Izaak Walton Killam Health Centre in the capacity of:
- General practitioners and family physicians under NOC 3112 or
- As the Specialist physician under NOC 3111
- The opportunity should be on official letterhead of NSHA or IWK and also have the:
- Sign and date by an authorized person to hire physicians at both the organizations
- Sign and date by the applicant accepting the opportunity
- Indicating the eligibility for license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of the province
- Indicating that the applicant is eligible for applying to avail privileges and credentials with both the organizations
Education and Training
The copy of Education Credential Assessment or evidence of education/medical training necessary for license in Nova Scotia
The ability for performing the job in Canadian official languages through the employment offer issued by NSHA or the IWK
We provide all the information and guidelines and our patrons can contact us.