Prince Edward Island has issued 158 new invitations to immigration candidates in its latest draw
held October 17. The candidates belonged to the categories of PEI Express Entry
, Labor Impact as well as Business Impact. The break up was 146 candidates through Express Entry as well as Labor Impact categories and 12 in Business Impact categories. Now they can apply seeking the nomination for PR in Canada
from the PEI PNP
. The Express Entry Category in PEI is linked to federal Express Entry
that manages candidates’ pool for three main economic classes of Canadian immigration. These are:
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Class,
Provincial immigration gets a boost
Candidates in Express Entry that receive nomination from the province get 600 extra points in federal ranking score. The extra points guarantee the invitation to apply for PR in Canada from the Government in a following draw.
The norm to get the consideration in nomination is that the candidates in Express Entry have to submit separate Expression of Interest to the PNP in PEI.
All EOI profiles get the score based on a unique point grid and the top ranked candidates receive invitation to apply in its monthly draws.
The PNP has not provided the breakdown of the number of Express Entry candidates receiving the invite or the required minimum score. Candidates of Labor Impact Category were also invited in the draw but their number was unspecified.
The norms in Canada immigration
In the Labor Impact Category foreign nationals who have the provincial valid job offer and the support of the PEI employer make the grade. It is divided in three streams:
- Skilled Workers,
- International Graduates
- Critical Workers
- Submission of the EOI profile is compulsory to get the consideration in provincial nomination in Labor Impact Category.
- Prince Edward Island PNP has at present issued 1,177 ITAs in Express Entry /Labor Impact categories during the present year.
- The PEI Business Impact invitees had a minimum score of 122 in EOI.
- The Work Permit Stream caters to attract individuals interested in ownership and operation of business in the island.
- Totally 168 invitations were issued to overseas entrepreneurs in its Work Permit Stream in 2019.
We bring all the relevant facts and details in the draws and our patrons can contact us.