On July 3rd, Saskatchewan announced a few changes to its list of top demand occupations. The changes affect the streams of the popular Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program which is a Program permitting the province to nominate fresh immigrants seeking permanent residence.
DETAILS OF THE SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM
is a Provincial Nominee Program
that is on offer to the immigrants by the prairie province of Saskatchewan, of Western Canada. The Provincial Programs permit provinces to choose fresh immigrants who are ideally suited to meet the demands of a specific province. Two streams of S.I.N.P. attract fresh immigrants possessing experience in an in-demand occupation of the province:
- Saskatchewan Express Entry
- Saskatchewan Occupation In-Demand
The candidates who attain success also receive a nomination from Saskatchewan, and are in a position for submitting an official application seeking PR status, in Canada. Moreover they get the right for living and working in Canada.
MODIFICATIONS IN THE IN-DEMAND LIST
As per the July 3rd, 2018 announcement the province has changed to the S.I.N.P. top Demand Occupations. The applicants wishing to apply in these S.I.N.P. programs need work experience in an occupation listed here. They also need to focus on the occupations that are added / removed. Additionally these additions and removals make a huge difference in seeking Canadian immigration
Following are the occupations added after the changes on July 3rd, 2018. These additions cover many industries, and also focus on positions in healthcare, agriculture and construction work
- 3111 – Psychiatrists
- 3215 – Medical Radiation Technologists
- 3234 – Paramedics
- 4162 – Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- 7201 – Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- 7204 – Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- 7384 – Recreation Vehicle Service
- 0822 – Managers in horticulture
- 8252 – Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
LIST OF OCCUPATIONS REMOVED
These occupations were removed from the in-demand list on July 3rd, 2018. These occupations are mostly pertaining to science, engineering, and technology.
- 2132 – Mechanical Engineers
- 2141 – Industrial and manufacturing engineers
- 2133 – Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2151 – Architects
- 0423 – Managers in social, community and correctional services
- 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 2212 – Geological and mineral technologists and technicians
- 2121 – Biologists and related scientists
- 2243 – Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
In case the candidates have experience in these occupations, they lose the eligibility to immigrate by using the S.I.N.P. Furthermore Saskatchewan updates list of occupation regularly, so there is a possibility that the authorities will again include the occupation in the future.